Thursday, June 9, 2011

Picnic

Recently, Auntie and I went on a picnic along a tiny, out of the way beach.


I loved it. It was quiet and peaceful, and you could be alone with your thoughts.


Auntie has been bogged down with finals and work recently. I asked her if I was taking away from her study time (not that we see each other much anyway) She replied: "I'm afraid if I sink my nose into the books all the time I'll never get to spend time with you. And we may never have this time again." I thought that was sweet of Auntie to say.

We had dinner, then stayed on the beach until it got dark. I've been so intent on seeing landmarks that I've forgotten about things as simple as a sunset. Sometimes, it's the little things that are the most magical. I have a feeling that time Auntie and I spent together will be what I remember most about Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment