Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Long Term Plans.

My life has completely shifted as of late. But after a few days of feeling sorry for myself, I've decided to take the bull by the horns. (What's the fun in feeling sorry for yourself anyway?) I've been on an intense job hunt, as well as finalizing my travel plans. (I'm hoping one or the other doesn't collide.)

I've applied to a company (that shall remain nameless) that gives a great base salary, as well as insurance. I've applied to other places as well. The max I'm giving myself is two years to get on my feet and get the ground running. I'm not staying in New Jersey. (With an unenployment rate of 10% and the cost of living rising dramatically, I'm not sure I could ever move out of my parents house at this point) I'm moving out of state to a quieter (and CHEAPER) area, with a more laid back lifestyle. I defnately need it.

I have a savings. I know I need a newer car. A plan is finally building in my brain, I can feel it. I'm excited, but a little nervous too.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I am excited too! Wonder where you'll end up? I can't wait to see! A goal is good. 2 years sounds like a reasonable goal to me. I hope you'll post about the results of the job applications.

    ReplyDelete