Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Beginnings.

No job yet.

That's okay. I know the economy isn't the greatest right now, and I'm hanging in there. I had a phone interview though and I'm supposed to be going to an in person interview with them soon. I've applied to four more places (three hospitals and a hotel) and am hoping for the phone to ring. My job hunt is going pretty well though. I've noticed that the number of jobs out there has increased in the last few months, and more positions are long term with lots of potential.

In the meantime, I'm pretty...broke. You see, my Little Sprout, (aka Hell on four legs, aka Noah the wonderdog) has been battling quite a lot of crap himself lately. A skin infection ($200 in meds and many aveno baths later, that's now cleared up), a double ear infection (S45), the medication he's on to have him feel like a normal dog (Anti anxiety), and dog training = draining bank. "My god!" said my father. "It's like he's a CHILD." Now of course, before I offend, I know he's far from a baby. But if this is what a small taste of raising children is like, I think I'll just play with my nephews and call it a day....unless I get a windfall...yeah that's it.

I had a breakthrough yesterday though. My vet noted that Noah has finally...come around. He's friendlier, snuggles with you, loves my nephews (still weary around other children, but I'm working on it) and has relaxed. (the doc said he was probably inbred, which can make a dog have an entire host of problems.) His feet are pigeon toed, but so far, he doesn't appear to be in pain with that. I'm actually enjoying him, and can see myself having Noah for the rest of his life. No matter where I go, or how things will change, I can see him coming with me happily and coping with it.

I can't wait to see where things will lead. Good things are finally happening.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad Noah is being nice and not mauling little children! That is really, really good. Now just go down there to the place you bought him and burn the inbreeding place down. No. Don't do that. That would be bad. Good luck on your job applications! Oh and I would agree...pets (esp. small dogs) are a preview of what children bring to your life. Just don't get a puppy and an infant at the same time...then you'll be alright.

    ReplyDelete