Thursday, December 2, 2010

In Flux.

November 30th, 2010

My project ended at work and now I am awaiting a new one, which is good news. The bad news is I may not get a new project until after Christmas. Which means that I have a limited income on what I can spend for my crazy, blended family. I intended on tightening the reins anyhow, since I'll be moving out this summer, but now? Oy. I wish I was crafty, but alas I am about as good at that as I am cooking...which is I am not good at all. The two people I would really like to make something special for are my almost 5 year old nephew Dean, and my 2 year old nephew Matt. Dean is sensitive, loves trains, and hide and seek. Matt loves...anything. I swear that kid is the most easygoing child I have ever met. Always smiles at you, plays happily, remains mellow in any given situation. He's also pure boy and can break something instantly (never on purpose, always an accident.) So I don't want to buy anything out of my budget.

Speaking of budgeting, Have you ever heard of this? People are building tinyyyyyyyyy houses on a small budget. I'll admit I'm open to the idea, but my dad isn't too keen on it. (you know when Dad's not to keen on something by the way he raises his eyebrows) Part of me thinks I may be claustrophobic, and the other half of me is saying $65 A MONTH on utilities? Who WOULDN'T do that?

Crazy?

They also have tiny cabins. :)



The idea of living simple and never having a crippling mortgage is appealing. Just a thought.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! I actually explored this idea HEAVILY and am familiar with the cabins you posted here. I didn't get very far with it in my family...since you know, there are three of us. But, you are single and you could make it work!! Sure it'd be tight but you'd learn to handle it. You'd learn a lot. Go for it! Why not? Hey, one thing they didn't say in the tumbleweed video is that you have to have somewhere to put it.

    P.S. Chuck wanted to know what I was listening to over here and I said I am just reading my friend's blog...Chuck said, "Who? Katie?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, that's so funny! Chuck's guess is pretty awesome. How's your internet conncection now btw? (I remember you had problems in the beginning.) I was visiting your friend Karla's blog once and my dad jumped at the sudden music, hahahaha. Alaska is defnitely on one of my places to visit. been a dream for awhile actually, so maybe I'll get to say "hi!" one day. I orginally wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise, but then I'm worried I'd get up there and see...the boat. So now North Pole and Fairbanks are on my wish list. :) I forgot to tell you that I got a call at my job from Dalta Junction! (I take calls from all over the US) Such a small world! The call kept fading in and out though. :)

    Land around here is few and far between, but I'll be looking. This is under the "great idea" file. The only thing I want is a working toilet, because I am NOT dumping my own tank. No sir. I draw the line on that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I always turn the volume down when visiting Karla's blog. That is very weird about the call from D.J.!! Small world indeed!

    You could have plumbing in those things! There is no reason you couldn't right?

    ReplyDelete