Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happiness.


I'm on top of the world right now. In spite of my temp position ending and once again searching for work, things have been looking up as of late. I called the second office of the company I worked for, which resides in San Antonio, Texas. (After several weeks of looking again here in the northeast, I decided to take drastic measures.) I gave them my resume, and filled out applications. Literally, the second I got off the phone with the office director in Texas, my best friend Erin called. She and her new husband obtained a rental house 45 minutes from me.

"We're looking for a roommate to help cut some costs, and the only person we thought of is you," she said. "We'd love to have you."

I took a day to think about it, debating on moving down south alone, (oh the adventure!) or having my first moving venture be renting a house with my friends 45 minutes away. "Moving with Erin doesn't have to be forever," my brother advised. "I think this is a great stepping stone and a way to save money. THEN you can have your adventure." He was right. I took up Erin's offer. And so, with no concrete plan in place, I will be moving out in the spring.

I am elated. It's funny how life works out.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad this is working for you! It will be fun to live with friends. If you just couldn't get a good, happy feeling about TX, then it probably isn't the answer for you now. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hayley! I'll defnitely keep everyone posted.

    ReplyDelete