Thursday, April 28, 2011

Deadly storms hit the south.

I want to take a moment to post on how to help those affected by the devastating tornadoes that have hit the south. My thoughts, love and prayers are with all of you. I am thinking of you and your family today Hayley, as I know you are from Alabama.

How you can help locally. Please go here for local donations.

Nationally, The Red Cross is currently taking donations for the Alabama area.  You can go here to contribute:

The Red Cross depends on financial donations to help in times of disaster, both here in the United States and around the world. Those who want to help can make a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief. To make a donation, visit www.redcross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS. Contributions may also be sent to local American Red Cross chapters or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.

Donation through Text: 90999


Other Organizations:

SAMARITAN'S PURSE: Sending Disaster Relief Units to help victims of the violent storms in Alabama and North Carolina. To designate your gift to U.S. Disaster Relief, write "US Disaster Relief" in the designation field. Donate Here.


SALVATION ARMY: Responding to the deadly tornado activity throughout the South, mobilizing feeding units, and providing support to the victims. To designate your gift to support relief after these tornadoes, write "April 2011 Tornado Outbreak" in the designation field. Donate here.


AMERICARES: AmeriCares is working with the National Conference of Community Health Centers to assess needs and mobilize a response for communities affected by the deadliest series of twisters in more than 40 years. To designate your gift to US Disaster Relief, write "US Disaster Relief Fund" in the designation field. Donate here.

To help recover lost pets, go here.

 

Again, my prayers are with everyone in the south. I hope you are safe and find peace.




4 comments:

  1. This is sweet Katie. We are ok. We were safely tucked away in the basement storm shelter. There was no major damage to the house where I was staying and all of my family was safe, praise God. Those 2 1/2 miles down the road were not so fortunate. Mass destruction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you and your family are okay Hayley. Praise God indeed. We used to get major tornadoes in the midwest heartland and it was scary, but I've never seen nothing like that. Hope your neighboors are able to find the help they need to recover. I'm contacting my family in North Carolina as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! There are so many people who have no idea how to help, it's good to have a resource for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am stopping by from the Social Parade Blog Hop! I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more. I hope you will stop by my blog and follow me back :)
    www.divvyupdiva.com

    ReplyDelete