Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello Fellow Bloggers!

I noticed I have quite a few new followers now, and I wanted to give a shout out to Y'all. :) Welcome to my blog! I started it in April of last year after being inspired by Holding the World in a Paper Cup, a blog about a family's adventures in Alaska and stepping out of your comfort zone. After struggling a bit with finding my way,  I decided to step out my comfort zone and record my experences, big and small. Recently (right before my Hawaii trip) I found a fourm about women bloggers and supporting each other online. The fourm is called The SITS Girls. They visit each other's blogs and help you gain an audience. Thanks ladies! Here are the blogs I would love to give a shout out to:

Holding the World in a Paper Cup
By: Hayley

A blog about a family's adventures in interior Alaska for 7 months! Hayley maintains this blog regularly and is an excellent writer and photographer. Read along, it's quite a fun blog! And if you have a chance, (once her store is up and running again since she's still getting settled back home) check out her Etsy store. She has all kinds of vintage treasures and takes great care in sending your items to you. (along with a sweet note). I recently bought a shirt from there over the holidays and couldn't have been happier with it.

Tune into Radio Carly!
By: Carly

Carly doesn't let her battle with ichthyosis slow her down for a second, and it's evident through her insightful, funny musings. She's also quite the fashion maven and I get great ideas for my own wardrobe through her pictures. Be sure to check out her pcitures of Austrailia too (where she's from). They're beautiful!


I Thought I knew Mamma
By: Charise



After getting laid off, Charise decided to become a full time mom to her first born child. The blog is all about her experiences as a new mother and I love reading it. :)

Now That I'm no longer 25....
By: Jade


When she turned 26, Jade decided to blog about her traveling adventures. She also is currently doing a "30 before 30" challenge, a task I'd love to begin as well.

Keep in mind these are just some of the blogs I currently follow. I'll be featuring more soon! Welcome new visitiors!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I am flattered to be a part of your inspiration. I will be sure to check out the other blogs you mentioned. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love the shout out and I your descriptions had my clicking away. (here from SITS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Hayley! I've kept on bloggin long after I thought I'd quit because of your entries. :)

    Thank you so much for comment, to the person below me. I'll be sure to check out your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,
    so glad i caught your post on the forum this morning.. i thought i have been to just about everyones blogs who are working on the 31day program, but i guess not LOL.. anyhow, love the way you did this in a list post in a shout out making other ladies feel special kinda way! A+
    *waving,
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I was blog hopping and found you so I follow now. I look forward to reading about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelley!

    I have just discovered the forum, and only saw the blog challenge on the 21st (or maybe the 22nd?) day, so that's probably why you haven't seen me. :) Blogging (at least where people see it) is pretty new to this girl.

    Nic-Hi there! Welcome! I'll be checking your blog out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this idea, especially how you used the screenshots.

    Here from 31 DBB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for profiling me, I am very honoured - sorry I didn't see it earlier.
    And thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problem Carly! Your blog has made such an inpact on me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for following me and for the shout out! You should do a 30 before 30 challenge, it's great fun and it makes you realise how much you are doing.

    Good luck building your followers.
    Jade

    ReplyDelete